Teen Driving Lessons
Behind The Wheel Training
A-Western Driving School offers behind the wheel drivers training for teenagers who have completed a drivers education class or an online drivers education course which we offer through mycaliforniapermit.com.
Once you have completed drivers education and have gotten your permit, DMV requires you to have a minimum of 6 hours of behind the wheel training with a licensed driving school which we provide with three 2 hour sessions. (Additional hours are always available at the same great rate)
How To Get Your California Drivers Permit
If you are at least 15 ½ and under the age of 18, to obtain your drivers permit as a teenager within the state of California you must:
- Complete the Driver License or Identification Car Application ( Form DL 44)
- Make sure parent(s) or guardian(s) sign this form and bring it with you to a DMV office.
- You also must bring your original birth certificate.
- Provide your social security number.
- Provide proof of residency.
- Pass knowledge test on traffic laws and road signs.
Remember to take your time and read the questions carefully!
If you don’t pass the first time you must wait one week before taking it again.
If you are between the ages 15 ½ and 17 ½ you need to have proof that you completed drivers education with either a classroom or online course. ( We provide an online course thru mycaliforniapermit.com ) Once you have your permit, you must schedule your first behind the wheel lesson to validate your permit.
How To Get Your California Driver License
- Be at least 16
- Prove that you have completed both driver education and driver training.
- Have had a California instruction permit or an instruction permit from another state for at least 6 months.
- Provide parent(s) or guardian(s) signature(s) on your instruction permit certifying that you have completed 50 hours of supervised driving practice. (10 hours must be night driving)
- Pass the behind-the-wheel driving test. (You have 3 chances to pass while your permit is valid).
6 Hours Behind-The-Wheel
- Three 2 hour sessions
- Pay as you go
- Additional sessions available