If you are at least 15 ½ and under 18 Complete DL 44, that is supplied to you at DMV. Make sure parent(s) or guardian(s) sign this form.
- You also must bring your original birth certificate
- Provide your social security number
- Provide proof of residency
- Pass knowledge test on traffic laws and road signs
- And remember to take your time and read the questions carefully
If you don’t pass the first time you must wait one week before taking it again.
If you are between the ages 15 ½ and 17 ½ You need to have proof that you completed drivers education with either a classroom or online course. We provide an online course thru mycaliforniapermit.com
Once you have your permit, you must schedule your first behind the wheel lesson to validate your permit.